Print Friendly and PDF
Home » , , , » VIRTUAL BOOKLET: Virtual guide to Visita Iglesia

VIRTUAL BOOKLET: Virtual guide to Visita Iglesia

Written By kusina101 on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 | Wednesday, April 04, 2012

VIRTUAL BOOKLET: Virtual guide to Visita Iglesia
http://www.viamigo.com/img/l/p_o_s_t/282/visita-iglesia-2009-batangas_2.jpg

Even the not-very-religious Catholic does Visita Iglesia during Holy Week. Visiting seven churches on Holy Thursday, after the Holy Eucharist is brought to the “altar of repose” by the priest during the procession inside the Church, is a tradition observed by most Catholics.

With the ciborium carrying the hosts, covered with white cloth, the priest walks under a four-cornered canopy carried by lay ministers, as bells are rung and people kneel in worship.
During that moment alone, the penitent feels closer to Jesus in the Eucharist. The penitent beats his or her chest, saying “mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa” (through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault).

Jesus is hidden in the “altars of repose” all over the world until midnight. Before that hour comes, Catholics walk to nearby churches or drive to farther ones.
Stuck in Metro Manila for the holidays? Then pick up that water bottle, get some sun and do the Visita Iglesia the traditional way but with the help of modern technology.

View this interactive map of 14 churches around the metropolis or better yet, view it from your mobile device. Practice your mapping skills and find your way to the 14 churches. Try it with family and friends and see who gets to finish all 14 first!

Vaya con Dios (Go with God)!



source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/04/02/12/bisita-iglesia-churches-around-metro

7 nagger:

  1. The way to the cross is the best guide for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me ponder about my last visita Iglesia in Laguna province.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of visiting churches tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a good guide, i remember my high school days, me and my friends visit churches in the metro. we have made our own visita iglesia here in Cam. Sur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reflecting during the Holy Week is sacred to many Catholics and we have our own way of doing it.
    What's important is... we do it with our hearts and not with our mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my family and I used to have visita iglesia every Holy Thursday, now I have my own family we do different things but we still attend the last supper celebration on the night of Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

If you have questions and other inquiries feel free to comment below.

What's Hot

csc facebook fan pagecsc twittercsc g+csc email

Useful Reviewers

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Recommend us on Google +
Subscribe me on RSS